Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

1997 SP Inside Info


Set Size: 25 cards

Design Notes: Most of the space on the front and back are taken up by player photos with etched foil backgrounds. A pull-out inside panel has a writeup, statistics, and biographical information. The cards are condition-sensitive and if you look closely at my card you'll notice chipped edges.

Parallels and Similars: None.

Distribution: Cards were inserted one per 30 packs.

Thoughts: This is a pretty novel concept and goes well with all the gimmick cards I've been showing lately. While I'm not a fan of foil backgrounds I can make an exception for a set with a pull-out stats section. Then again, if the set didn't have foil it would have looked that much better.

Additional Links: Capewood's Collections has images of a different card from this set, along with images of the inside card.

2 comments:

  1. I don't have any of the baseball versions, but I have a couple of the hockey ones. Great insert sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I feel they are pretty nice.

    ReplyDelete