Pages

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

1997 Studio Gold Press Proofs


Set Size: 165 cards

Design Notes: The set features studio images with a striped background. Gold foil is used for text and the side borders. Backs feature an action shot and highlight biography.

Parallels and Similars: This is one of two parallels for the regular 1997 Studio set (the other being a silver parallel).

Distribution: 500 copies were produced for each card and randomly inserted into packs.

Thoughts: By 1997, parallel inserts could be found in every product, though a serial numbering to only 500 was still pretty low. The design is simple and attractive, which could make this a very collectible set... if you don't mind studio-style portrait photos instead of action photos on the front of your cards.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't a huge fan of Studio... but I do love me some mid 90's parallels (especially when they're serial numbered to only 500). Hmmm... such a dilemma. Okay, you sold me on them. Headed over to COMC to find the Gwynn and Maddux cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, these are my favorite base Studio cards, though I would never actually collect the set. They're not quite that good. I really like the Heritage inserts though with the throwback jerseys.

    ReplyDelete