Pages

Thursday, July 19, 2012

2008 Bowman Sterling Prospects

After a six month absence, I finally return to the Zoo! It's not that I haven't wanted to write. It's that I'm just too busy or tired to write, and to be honest three blogs is a lot. However, I am still interested in this project, so we continue again... (three more posts are written for the weekend already!)


My Japanese card collection is moving along nicely, but for now I'm going to stick with US issues. I have plans...


Set Size: 85 cards

Design Notes: This is a premium release, with several of the base cards having autographs or memorabilia (as you can see with Brad Hand's card). The card is covered in a shiny foil and most of the card has a silvery background, which my scanner can't handle. The backs are basically black and white with the same picture as the front, and cards are identified by players' initials instead of card numbers.

Parallels and Similars: There are four refractor parallel sets, plus four printing plates. The design is identical to the regular 2008 Bowman Sterling set.

Distribution: Cards were sold in packs of five cards (six packs per box), with two autographs, one relic or autographed relic card, one rookie, and one prospect.

Thoughts: I'm not a fan of Bowman products, and I'm even less of a fan of Bowman's premium offerings. Sadly, most Bowman cards are forgettable and worthless - the only selling point is the chance of pulling a big hit (either now or in the future). I guess some people enjoy hoarding the cards away for a few years hoping for the next Pujols. Brad Hand got his cup of coffee in the middle of the 2011 season, but is back playing in the PCL this year.

Additional Image (Card Back):

No comments:

Post a Comment